In this article, you will find information about:
- Aluminum chrome plating
- Our range of chrome aluminum profiles
- Profall’s full service
Aluminum chrome plating: how does it work and what are its advantages?
Aluminum chrome plating is a galvanic finishing through which you can add special technical and aesthetic features to a metal profile – in our case, aluminum. Chrome plating, in fact, gives a particular coloring to the metal (white, black, golden…) and offers improved resistance and robustness to the profile.
Multiple aluminum types are suitable for this treatment. Chrome plating, in fact, is compatible with different metals and several other alloys. But how is a chrome aluminum profile obtained?
- First of all, you must immerse the extrusion in a hydrochloric acid and caustic soda bath. This is necessary in order to remove any impurities and grease from the profile surface
- Then, thanks to a nickel-based electrolytic solution, you can lay a first coat on the aluminum piece. This serves as the base for the actual layer of chrome
- Finally, you proceed with the proper chrome plating of the aluminum profile. Through a trivalent chromium bath, which is a more sustainable solution than the older methods, the piece is entirely coated
This process consists in providing a protective coating made of chrome with very reduced thinness (less than 1 micron) to the profile surface. Chrome aluminum profiles can also have a thicker layer so as to obtain improved protective performance.
This is the reason why, following this type of treatment, you can obtain two types of chrome plating:
- decorative – concerning a thin layer given for purely aesthetic purposes
- hard – through which you obtain a thicker protective layer on the profile in order to gain better resistance and durability
The entire range of profiles suited for chrome plating
Every day, here at Profall we perform surface treatments and finishes on the products you wish for – chrome aluminum profiles included. Chrome plating, in fact, can be executed on each type of product in our catalog.
You will find here below the two main categories of extrusions we offer: standard and special. Choose the aluminum profile that better suits your needs and ask for its chrome plating now!
Standard chrome aluminum profiles
Standard aluminum profiles are extrusions with simple and standard shapes, sizes, and dimensional tolerances. These extrusions can be easily chromed because they are made with aluminum alloys that are completely compatible with chrome plating – 1050, 1070, 3103, and 6060 are among these.
Versatile and ideal for different domestic and commercial applications, these profiles can also be customized according to your requirements. This means that – starting from a technical drawing – you can ask our specialized technicians for an extrusion that perfectly meets your application needs.
Here are the products in our catalog:
Aluminum round bar
Aluminum square bar
Aluminum round tubing
Aluminum square tubing
Aluminum rectangular tubing
Aluminum flat bar
Aluminum flat bars with rounded edges
Aluminum corner extrusion with even sides
Aluminum corner extrusion with uneven sides
Aluminum semicircular elements
Aluminum U channel extrusions
Aluminum double duct profiles
Aluminum Z bar
Aluminum H section
Special chrome aluminum profiles
Special aluminum profiles, instead, present peculiar shapes, sizes, and also technical features that are complex and hard to obtain on the market. Even in this case, these extrusions can be chrome plated, since they are predominantly made with the 6060 aluminum alloy.
As for the standard ones, special profiles can be customized thanks to the service Profall is able to offer – starting from the client’s technical drawing. Customization concerns shapes, sizes, and also special product treatments. Not only chrome plating, then, but also cutting to size, shearing, bending, and many others.
Here are the products in our catalog:
Aluminum glazing extrusions
Aluminum borders with screw attachments
Aluminum trim profiles for motor vehicles
Transition strips with shanks
Aluminum picture frames
Extruded aluminum handles
Aluminum drainers and water deflectors
Aluminum curve profiles
Corner elements with special cross-sections
Take a closer look at our catalog and find now the chrome aluminum profile you’re looking for!
Beyond chrome plating aluminum profiles: our service
Profilati Alluminio is a company that specializes in highly complex treatments and finishes but also in manufacturing different models and configurations of profiles. Our catalog is full of solutions so as to guarantee our customers the chance to find the perfect product for their application needs.
Additionally, Profall’s chrome aluminum profiles are products we can also offer. That’s because our profiles – both standard and special – can be customized in several ways: according to their sizes, shapes, and surface treatments.
You can ask for a custom-made chrome aluminum profile. You will only need to send us a technical drawing that includes the mechanical features of the desired product. Our engineering team will take care of feasibility tests, prototyping, and pre-serial production.
Finally, our service is not limited to the creation of the desired chrome aluminum profile but also includes:
- the extrusion supply in the format you wish for – bars or reels
- the possibility to ask for reduced order quantities, starting from a minimum of 200 kg
- the chrome aluminum profile delivery in 2 working weeks
- the international shipping, because we are able to reach you in every corner of the world
- the after-sale assistance to eventually support every customer in case of need or to solve any problem
Contact us now to get more information or to ask for a quote for your supply of chrome aluminum profiles!